Armasight Prometheus 336 3-12x50mm (30hz) Thermal Imaging Monocular
Armasight Prometheus 336 3-12x50mm (30hz) Thermal Imaging Monocular. Armasight Prometheus is the latest and most technologically advanced Thermal Imaging monocular to enter the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Prometheus product line is based on the latest FLIR Tau 2 VOx microbolometer core, and is available in a variety of models – each optimizing performance, price, and state-of-the-art technology for myriad uses and mission applications.
The Prometheus is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and night engagements.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of Prometheus. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Prometheus thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC) - There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- The lightest and most compact scope in its class
- Easy and Intuitive Drop-down user interface
- Digital E-Zoom: 1x, 2x and 4x
- Imaging Filter Algorithms:
- Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
- Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
- Color Modes: White Hot/ Black Hot/ Rainbow/ Various Color modes
- Extended operation time with optional external battery power supply
- Recording: video output /optional Video Recorder with onboard replay
- CNC machined aircraft-aluminum alloy construction
- Rapid start-up
- Made in the USA
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-year warranty on FLIR detector
- Refresh Rate 30 Hz
- Magnification (NTSC/PAL) 2.8x / 3.4x
- Objective Lens Type Germanium
- Type of Focal Plane Array FLIR Tau 2
- Pixel Array Format 336×256
- Pixel Size 17 µm
- Display Type AMOLED SVGA 060
- Pixel Display Format 800×600
- Display Brightness Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels
- Turn-on Time, max 3 sec
- Digital Zoom 1x, 2x, and 4x
- Image Palettes White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom
- Analog Input and Output Format (resolution) PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)
- Video Recording Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot
- Remote Control Wireless
SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST” Yes
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS” Yes
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE” Yes
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) Yes
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC) Yes
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) Yes
- Objective Focal Length 50 mm
- Objective F-number 1:1
- Field of View (ang.) 7.8° x 5.9°
- Exit Pupil Diameter 14 mm
- Eye Relief 25 mm
- Focus Method Manual
- Focusing Range 5m to inf.
- Diopter Adjustment Manual
- Diopter Adjustment Range ±5 diopter
- Battery Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)
- Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F) Up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)
- Extended Battery Pack Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), or four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hr)
- External Power Supply 6 VDC/ 600m?
- Operating Temperature -40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)
- Storage Temperature -50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)
- Overall Dimensions 194 × 68 × 62 mm (7.6 × 2.7 × 2.4 in)
- Weight (w/o Batteries) 0.55 kg (1.2 lbs)
- WARRANTY DATA:
- Warranty 3 Years
- Warranty on FLIR Detector 10 Years
Whats In The Box:
- Prometheus 336 3-12x50mm (30hz) Thermal Imaging Monocular
- Battery Cassette
- CR123 Battery
- Advanced Wireless Remote Controller
- Picatinny Adapter
- Video Cable
- Operator Manual
- Carrying Case